Friday, June 5, 2009

baby don't pretend you don't know it's true

I really love Michael Bublé. Like, a lot a lot. Everything about him just exudes coolness.

And Mariah Carey. Damn, she fierce. Much more than Beyoncé, I would say.

I've recently been watching the channel Palladia, which I just discovered I have, which is a music, but mainly concert showing channel. The Adventures of Mimi Tour and the Come Fly With Me Tour were just recently on. So, therefore my newfound appreciation. But, I had already seen Bublé's concerts, just not Mariah's. Oh, and this weekend an Amy Winehouse Live in London concert comes on. I'm reeeeally looking forward to that.

Alright, enough of that.

Uh, let's see what I have to say today. Deejay and Erin finally saw Smiley Face and recognized it's effervescent beauty. Maybe now they will understand the picture at the top of my blog. Haha. I love Anna Faris so much. Everything she touches is gold. How funny to think that she was trained, and up until her feature film debut in Scary Movie, only had appeared in dramatic roles. Who would've thought that she'd become one of the greatest comedienne's of today.

(I at least would give her that title)

I also fucking love the shit out of Jane Lynch.

So I've been working every single day, with the exception of last Sunday, and the past two days due to rain, since the pool has opened. I'm happy because it gets me out of the house and away from my family, and I'll get money, but frustrated at the same time because the entire paycheck is going to have to go to bills. Hello, real world. Not nice to meet you.

My surgery date is now visible on my calendar. I'm so excited. I really want to get it done right now, if only just to begin the healing process. I'm super excited with the way everything's going for me right now. The one thing I am NOT excited for, and even fearing, about the surgery, is the urinary catheter. I am not scared or nervous from the pain and discomfort of the actual procedure, I can handle any pain thrown at me, really, ever since being paralyzed by the doctors "accidentally," but the catheter just sounds like a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE THING. I don't even want to look at it when it's in.

AHHH I JUST MADE THE MISTAKE OF LOOKING AT IT ON GOOGLE.

Ok, back to calming myself through Mr. Bublé and Mariah.

But yeah. I know I may seem to talk about the surgery a lot on this, nearly every post, if not every one, but this is a HUGE deal, to me at least. Having a caved in sternum/chest and looking this way is the only thing I have EVER known. And next month, after two hours on an operating table, it will never look that way again. I will look "normal." It just makes me feel so many different things. Not all good, naturally, but I know it will be for the best and is what is in my best interest. I just feel like I'm going to be losing a big part of me.

If I haven't said how it is done before, here is the short story version. I will be cut open under arms, like lateral with my nipples (tee hee) and will have a curved titanium rod shoved through me one side and out the other. It will then be flipped over, popping the "dent" out of place, and then they will sow me up with the bar inside of me. Basically, like an extra rib.

I wonder if I'll be able to stick, like, magnets to my chest or something. That'd be really cool. In a dramatic sense, I feel like I'm going to have nothing once this is fixed. Meh.

I kind of dislike that Mariah decided to go all "black" with her music in her most recent albums, The Emancipation of Mimi and E=MC2...doesn't she know power ballads are what she is incredible at, and not rap? Old Mariah is definitely the better Mariah. Although, "We Belong Together" and "Bye Bye" are good songs of hers that are new.

I used the word "pompous" today for the very first time in my speech/writing. Weird to recognize, but I really have never used that word. I even misspelled it upon writing it for the first time. Pompass. That's actually why it's been on my mind all day. The fact that I misspelled it. How OCD is that? I am such a grammar/spelling Nazi, I NEVER make mistakes like that, when I am actually trying to write.

I miss Radford. I miss Matt and Deejay and Erin. I miss going to space every night with Mattie. BUT, we'll be living together in two short months, which will take forever of course, and all will be just swell.

I am going to Cape Hatteras in the OBX this year again with the Wrights and I am really excited. It will be the second time of the two times that I've gone to the beach with them that I have had surgery immediately before. Last year, Julie, Sean's girlfriend, and I got our wisdom teeth out the day before we left for the beach. It was... fun. But really, it was. I don't remember the first half of the week because I was on so many drugs. There are pictures...which are hilarious, needless to say.



The above picture was not posed for. And I don't remember it being taken. I don't know why the HELL there is a pirate behind me. Notice my super swollen cheeks.

But THIS YEAR, I am having a much more serious surgery, which means much heavier drugs, which means more fun at the beach. Is there a better place to recover? Plus, Sean and I will be silly the entire time, I'm sure. Yay!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment