Friday, May 22, 2009

if this bottle could talk, love on the rocks

Today was my first day of work... and it was so much fun. I was on my feet and doing heavy labor for eight hours and I was loving every minute of it. I am so glad to be working again. Having something to do and making money makes me feel better about myself. It was slightly awkward, though- I was just told to show up in a long-sleeved, white collared shirt, black slacks, and dress shoes, and that my tie and apron would be provided. I wasn't told what I was doing at all. So when I got there, it was fun to play the "figure out what is going on and what you need to do" game.

(That's a game I invented today)

Tomorrow and Monday I work at the pool, and I'm excited. It'll be fun to work with Laur and have a change of scenery from being a waiter (or whatever you would call what I do) and be outside and hang out with those people. Sarah is a lifeguard this summer, so that'll be cool. Her and I caught up today. She's funny.

Ok, now for a completely different note.

I seriously cannot stand Scott. Today I lowered his precious thermostat TWO degrees from 77 to 75, because the actual temperature was 85, just to get the air circulating, and to match the one set downstairs. Then, Scott comes home for lunch, something he hasn't done the entire time I've been home from Radford, and notices the change in the thermostat. Of course he completely freaks out and starts banging on my bathroom door while I'm in the shower and starts yelling. I have no idea what he's saying because I can't hear him. I turn off the water, still can't hear him. I turn off the fan, then I can finally hear him. He's really pissed now. He starts yelling about ridiculous shit like "If you're not going to work with me, I'm not going to work with you. You can't drive my truck anymore. I'll give you a ride to work or you can walk." Now, it is 12:30. Work starts at 2:30. So, I tell him I'll walk, because I don't want to be there two hours early, AND why would I ever want to be in a car alone with that man. Then I call Molly and ask her to give me a ride to work at 2:30 because my step-dad's a dick, and she says yes. So I leave an angry message on my mom's cell phone saying stuff like "I loathe him with my entire being, and I mean that" and "everything he does is so stupid and ridiculous and serves no other purpose than to cause friction between the two of us." Of course, I told her and everyone that I DID walk to work, for dramatic effect. Oh, btw, work is not walking distance. At all. And I was in formal attire.

UGH.

This may seem really petty and stupid to anyone who may read this, but you have to understand, it's little things like this that happen everyday that have built up my loathing for him over time. And of course, there are more, worse, important things that happen to make me loathe him. Not just these daily headaches. I really just can't stand being in the same room as him and I definitely can't look him in the face. UGHHHH.

Frustrations.

It's times like these where I wish my real dad wasn't such a fuck up and could be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment